West Papua: Facts on the Crime and Violence OF PAPUA’S KKB

Facts on the Crime and Violence of PAPUA’S KKB  in a West Papua News

West Papua Facts on the Crime and Violence oF PAPuAS KKB

West Papua News – The Papuan Armed Criminal Group Movement (KKB) has disrupted security and has claimed many victims.Worse, innocent civilians have become victims.

The designation of the Papua’s KKB as a terrorist organization was based on careful consideration.

Deputy V of the Presidential Staff office, jaleswari Pramodhawardani, stated this.The government, through the Coordinating Minister for Political, legal and Security Affairs Mahfud MD, explicitly calls the KKB a terrorist organization.

The basis is on the definition of law number 5 of 2018 concerning Amendments to law number 15 of 2003 relating to the Stipulation of Government regulations in lieu of law number 1 of 2002 pertaining to the Eradication of Criminal Acts of Terrorism.

According to him, based on a report by the regent of Puncak, Willem Wandik, it stated that the KKB had carried out a series of violence in the Puncak regency area since the beginning of this year. KKB violence included the murder of a motorcycle taxi driver in Ilambet Village, Ilaga on February 9,2021.

In Begoa in the village of juguloma, a woman was injured with a sharp weapon on February 18, 2021. There was also a gunfight between Paskhas and KKB at Amingganu Airport on February 19, 2021 and the murder of two Elementary and junior high School teachers in juguloma Village on April 8 and 9, 2021.

“A helicopter belonging to PT. Arsa Air was burned at Aminggaru Airport, Ilaga on April 11,2021, and also the burning of the houses of the Middle School Principal and members of the DPRD in juguloma Village, Beoga on April 13, 2021, “he explained.

The KKB crime continues, killing in Eromaga Village, omukia District on April 14, 2021, and the murder of an Ilaga SMAN 1 student in ulomi village on April 15, 2021. West Papua News In fact, the house of the chief and teacher in Dambet Village, Beoga was burned on April 17, 2021.

The climax was the shooting of Papua’s head of regional State Intelligence Agency (Kabinda) Brigadier General I Gusti Putu Danny Karya nugraha in Dambet Village, Beoga on April 25,2021.

In addition, data from the Papua and West Papua PPKK Fisipol UGM Task Force also stated that during the last 10 years from 2010 to 2020, the perpetrators of violence in Papua and West Papua were mostly carried out by KKB with 118 cases, compared to the TNI (15 cases) and the national Police (13 cases).

Based on the results of the same re-search, those who died from the violence that occurred, which totaled 356 people, 93 percent were civilians, TNI and Polri and the remaining 7 percent were members of the KKB.

Jaleswari said law enforcement actions that law enforcement officers will take will not be excessive and have a negative impact on the community. he hoped that civil society organizations, indigenous peoples and churches will not worry and continue their activities as usual.

Moreover, it can make all parties create a peaceful and prosperous Papua and West Papua Province. “The government is preparing a comprehensive operating framework, with strict attention to human rights principles.

The main interest is to restore security and stop terror in the community lately, and continue to prioritize solving the problems of Papua Province with a prosperity approach,”he concluded.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.